NetApp on Wednesday announced that it now delivers an insight-driven digital customer experience that is informed by NetApp’s deep knowledge base, predictive analytics, proactive support, and cognitive computing.
By using the new AI-enabled NetApp virtual support assistant, Elio, and NetApp Active IQ cloud-based analytics, companies gain intelligent insights that allow them to spend time with their customers rather than on their infrastructure.
Data is the lifeblood of every business and must flow seamlessly to enable digital transformation, but companies can extract value from data only as quickly as the underlying infrastructure can manage it.
How do IT organizations stretch their resources to harness free-flowing data that is distributed, dynamic, and diverse? Predictive analytics, cognitive computing, and proactive care—built on community wisdom from NetApp’s user base—increase the efficiencies of a company’s infrastructure and help resolve potential issues to keep data flowing.
NetApp’s massive user base is an unmatched source of community wisdom, with billions of data points that are gathered daily from over 300,000 Data Fabric solutions. We extract insights from this data with cloud-based analytics to deliver actionable intelligence. Elio’s cognitive computing and the Active IQ machine learning, included with all NetApp systems, accelerate access to these collective insights to save time through a transformed customer experience.
Today’s announcement highlights new services, solutions, and software, including:
- Digital Support that features Elio, built with IBM Watson® services. By continuously learning from the community wisdom in NetApp Support case histories and with cognitive computing, virtual support assistant Elio presents optimal answers up to four times faster than with traditional methods. This support includes:
- 24/7 access to Elio chat online, on mobile, or within products
- Search-engine access to NetApp’s technical resources so that users can find information without logging in to the Support site or opening a case
- NetApp Active IQ. Companies can take action by using intelligent insight from cloud-based analytics that combine predictive analytics and proactive support. By acting on this insight, companies can increase storage efficiency and configuration compliance and can reduce risk with recommended upgrades:
- New features include Risk Advisor, Storage Efficiency Advisor, and Interoperability Advisor.
- By leveraging community wisdom, Active IQ provides access to rich insights and predictive analytics for all NetApp products.
- In a single view, companies can gain simple and secure visibility into the health of their entire Data Fabric, both on the premises and in the cloud.
By transforming the customer experience, NetApp helps organizations maximize their resources with answers when and where they are needed: omnichannel support is available 24/7 by mobile, by desktop, or within applications. Elio relies on Watson technology to interact with users in natural language and to respond to questions, and proactive, automated analytics provide customized recommendations to increase uptime.
NetApp customers have already collectively saved more than $600 million annually by using NetApp analytics. NetApp Active IQ predicts and detects performance problems and makes configuration recommendations to help companies optimize data infrastructure across their hybrid cloud, including Amazon and Azure. By following Active IQ recommendations and mitigation plans, organizations can address issues before they become problems.
Pricing and Availability
Elio and Active IQ are available now with a NetApp Support contract. They are included at no additional cost across the NetApp portfolio, including NetApp All Flash FAS (AFF), FAS, SolidFire®, AltaVault™, E-Series, EF-Series, StorageGRID®, ONTAP® Cloud, and ONTAP Select products.